What challenges are you facing in making your workplace a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive place? The AAPS Career Development Committee is seeking proposals for webinars for the AAPS eLearning Program and articles for AAPS Newsmagazine that will help scientists build welcoming offices and labs in academia and industry.
The committee is especially interested in:
- AAPS members who can share case studies and the best practices they have developed and applied in their workplaces
- HR representatives and recruiters who can talk about developing sources of future employees from a variety of backgrounds
- Leaders with expertise in how STEM intersects with diversity, equity, and inclusion, and other challenges managers and leaders should be aware of
Potential topics include:
- The experiences of people from underrepresented communities in science today
- Engaging employees from a variety of backgrounds in the workplace
- Strategizing your career to foster diversity and inclusion
- Recognizing and addressing discrimination among employees
- Recognizing and celebrating differences in the workplace
- Creating and sustaining a more inclusive and diverse workplace environment
- How to create and drive DEI initiatives from every role
- How to be an ally to diverse colleagues
- How to create safe spaces at work for colleagues
- How to develop and implement an effective outreach program to engage underrepresented groups
- You can propose a session or suggest a topic that you think would help scientists create welcoming workplaces
You can suggest a topic even if you are not sure who the best speaker is to deliver the presentation. What would you like to know to improve your workplace?
The deadline for proposals is April 13, 2022.
Submit your idea now!